Saturday, February 25, 2012

Slice of Life Challenge 2012

Getting ready for the Slice of Life Challenge by Two Writing Teachers.  There are wonderful prizes to inspire you to write every day for the month of March.  Today I chatted with two students I had last year while volunteering at concessions at a basketball tournament.  It was fun to catch up with them and spend some time with them again.  We were looking at all the interesting coins in the cash box...old pennies from as far back as the 1930s and new quarters with information on Lewis and Clark.  We just studied Lewis and Clark this past week, so I asked my former students if they remembered watching the dvd of the reenactment of their journey, and they did.  I love being able to watch it every year and introduce it to a new audience, even though some of it may go right over their heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment