Saturday, March 8, 2014

March 8, 2014

     I have felt more like sickly Colin in  The Secret Garden than lively Mary Lennox lately.  A week ago Thursday a student came back to school with a very contagious germ that spread through my class like wildfire.  We had no school on Friday, but by Monday almost everyone had succumbed to coughing, sneezing, and blowing their noses.  I had to buy a small case of kleenex just to survive.  I think I bonded with some of the quieter students in our misery together.  What does that say for the climate of my classroom?
     So... this weekend I have to squeeze in some quiet recovery time amongst house cleaning and preparing refreshments for an open house at school tomorrow.  I will be sure to let someone else serve the cake and punch to our guests and stay far away from that table.
    Hopefully I will recover to take a few steps outside into some spring weather next week and grow strong again in the warm March sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment