Friday, April 6, 2012

Poetry Month?

I went to Barnes and Noble in a rare spare moment because they usually have a special poetry display for April, one year they had umbrellas with Jack Prelutsky poetry.  Well... this year I found they not only do not have a display, they removed the poetry section from the children's book area entirely.  I could only find one lame display kind of hidden in the back of adult poetry.  Granted it used to be only one shelf in the children's area, but nothing?  I thought perhaps they had stuffed them in with the other fiction, but I could find nary an author even there.  I comforted myself by purchasing Hate That Cat by Sharon Creech. (Only one copy available) and Good Poems by Garrison Keillor and decided from now on I guess it's Amazon.com all the way.  Gregory K. and A Reading Year are posting all these wonderful poem books and locally...there is nada, zilch.  Unbelievable!
PS We do not have an independent bookstore anymore for other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment