Monday, April 30, 2012

This week we are focusing on The Planets by Gail Gibbons.  I found an article online talking about how she began writing nonfiction and the process she goes through to write her books.  It was absolutely fascinating and I was able to share with my students some of the information.  Gibbons shares some of the information only in her illustrations because she knows they are smart enough to get it.  They liked that!  They also appreciated that she has so much information she shares it at the end of her books on a few special pages in the back.  Almost, almost as good as an author visit!

3 comments:

  1. I love Gail Gibbons! Enjoy your study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the website? That sounds like great information. I love Gibbons's books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://web.ewu.edu/groups/education/Mcarpenter/article[1].pdf
    I really enjoyed reading this, hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete