Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Slice of Life Tuesday

Inspired by Teachers Write Summer Camp and my daughter's desire to read stories I wrote as a child, I searched through all my old boxes of stories, trying to organize and sort through them.  What a feeling to read words in my handwriting that I have no memory of composing.  I should mention that I wrote the stories in 1970!  I was ahead of my time in using mentor texts.  Every story sounds like the books I loved:  An Old Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott.... or... Ginnie and Geneva by Catherine Wooley.  I always had a problem finishing the stories, most of them just kind of fizzle.  The few that actually ended did so with a flourish.  Two of them had illustrated covers which also made me smile:  very much in the art style of the 70s.  To see these efforts is very humbling, but it is also a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment