Thursday, June 7, 2012

Teachers Write Assignment #2


A student walks into the library/media center at lunchtime.  What is she/he thinking?  Worried about?  Dreading?  Hoping or wishing for? What are the risks/stakes for him/her? Show us in a paragraph or two.
I hid out in the library at lunch because I had no one to eat with.  Being shy, it was terrifying to walk up to a table of people and ask to sit down.  It also was painful to sit alone and I felt like such a loser.  Even though hunger gnawed at my insides, I went to my refuge to find comfort.  I  always felt at home among books and soon my anxiety began to fade away.  I searched for the latest Madeleine L'Engle book and found Meet the Austins.  I opened it and was pulled into the story immediately...awkward teenaged girl, can relate to that...  I settled into a weathered leather  chair by the window overlooking the courtyard garden.  My hunger pangs subsided as I was pulled into the story.  When the bell sounded I gathered my things together ready to face the world again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment