Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014

     Because I come from a large family, there is always something happening to someone, some story developing to cause concern.  It's a relief then when I hear that something has been resolved, so I can move on to worrying (and praying) about something else. It is interesting to me then when I learn of a struggle I haven't heard about, that someone is dealing with something quietly and under the radar.
   We all are challenged in some way every day and it is good to take note and realize this.  I tend to think I am the only one and begin to feel defeated.  Life is rarely easy for anyone. Knowing that there is a heavenly plan and it is all being worked for our good helps me to continue on.  '
   When I first started teaching there was a little prayer in a devotion book that I still say every time I face a tough day.  It is kind of tender and sweet:
Oh help me Lord this day to be
Thine own dear child and follow Thee
And lead me Savior by the hand
Until I reach the heavenly land.
   Puts everything in perspective and helps me start the new week...

No comments:

Post a Comment