Sunday, February 2, 2014

February 2, 2014

      I loved the movie Groundhog Day for various reasons:  the quirky humor of Bill Murray, the story of one day starting over until he gets it right, beginning each day with the song 'I Got You Babe' blaring from the clock radio...  (That is kind of an inside joke, because my husband teased throughout our engagement that he would sing it as a solo at our wedding.) ...the long awaited happy ending which you are not sure the main character is going to pull off...
     No matter what Punxsutawney Phil says today, I know from the weather we have had this winter what we are in for: more winter, and a long time of it.  Well, so be it, I'll take whatever comes, we have to anyway!  Might as well be content with what we have.  
     

2 comments:

  1. I liked that movie, too! Did you know that Sun Prairie has Jimmy the Groundhog as our own local WI prophet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, because your husband told me one year ago! : )

    ReplyDelete