Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014

     I love the scene in The Lord of the Rings where this takes place:
"But what about second breakfast?"
" Don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip."
"What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?"

   I think of it on 'snow days' like this when I wake up before dawn and eat breakfast.  Then I am hungry again at 9:30 since that is when we have snack at school, and lunch is at 11:10 so that would be elevenses...It all seems so cozy and quaint.  Unfortunately it may be similar to the time I bought the Wind in the Willows cookbook and started snacking like Mole and Rat when they stumble onto Badger's home.  Ideas that are whimsical and charming in books end up with different results in reality.  But just for today, I will indulge in their world.

No comments:

Post a Comment