Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 2014

There has been a steady fall of snow all day, slanting from the east.  Lake effect snow, they call it, and it is supposed to fall through tomorrow night.  It is so beautiful out of the back windows, covering the orchard in front of the huge gray outbuilding belonging to our neighbors. It is my favorite view in every season, but especially in winter. I have my comfortable chaise lounge and reading lamp strategically situated to enjoy the view.
     There is not an animal to be seen, but every morning there are tracks surrounding our house indicating that something has been hunting for a meal. 
      I try to enjoy the fact that I don't need to go anywhere or slide around trying to drive through the storm.  Whenever that happens snow becomes my enemy instead of the beautiful gift falling from the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment