Thursday, March 1, 2012

Slice of Life Day 1

I started this blog to keep track of my reading of the last six years.  I chose the name Amethyst Remembrance from one of my favorite poems by Emily Dickinson...
I held a Jewel in my fingers --
And went to sleep --
The day was warm, and winds were prosy --
I said "'Twill keep" --

I woke -- and chid my honest fingers,
The Gem was gone --
And now, an Amethyst remembrance
Is all I own --


It has so many meanings to me of not letting important things in life slip away unnoticed and contains the reference to my  favorite gemstone.  
     So in this month of March 2012 I will write every day to make sure I remember what is important in each day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder to slow down and enjoy the important things today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love amethyst. Welcome to the SOL challenge. This a timely reminder to take the time to remember the important things in our daily lives.

    ReplyDelete