Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Slice of Life Day 28

Today a student slice by a shy 2nd grader who has troubles with writer's block:

   Yesterday one of our hermit crabs died and our mom and dad didn't tell us.  One of them had spots like hulk on it and another had squids and diamonds.  The other was very small and had a spot that looked like Dora.  One is still alive.  My mom said they're in hermit crab heaven.  I cried when they died.  My mom said the hulk hermit crab almost made it a year.
 
     He had nice illustrations too!  He is one of the best writers, but he spends a lot of time staring at the blank page most days.  Very thoughtful child.  The best part:  he will be my student again next year in third grade.  I can't wait to see what he will be able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment