Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Slice of Life Day 27

Yesterday a student excitedly asked " Is the party on Friday?"  I quickly brainstormed through holidays trying to dredge up why we would be celebrating...and she meant the Slice of Life party!  I had such a big build-up at the beginning and have displayed the prizes and Birthday Cake oreos for the entire month.  How could I possibly forget?  Well, for me it has been all about the writing.  I have learned so much about my students.  They have ALL written every day and it can't just be for the oreos.  A few have gone on vacation and took their binders along to record every day.   I have enjoyed writing too.  It will be interesting to look back a year from now and be able to relive every day of this Slice of Life month.

3 comments:

  1. I can imagine you would have learnt a lot about your students during this challenge. I know I have learnt a lot about writing. Enjoy the party:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what an achievement! I hope all of you enjoy this well earned celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "They have ALL written every day and it can't just be for the oreos" BRAVO!!!!

    ReplyDelete