Monday, March 5, 2012

Slice of Life Day 5

This morning there was a dusting of snow over everything and this poem came to mind:

A Dust of Snow

The way a crow 
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.
      Robert Frost


  I really didn't want to rue this day, I stopped on the way to school to buy raspberry white chocolate scones for my coworkers and a cup of red velvet mocha coffee.  But best laid plans...the day didn't go very well.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. 

1 comment:

  1. My husband sent this to me in a text today (he is Washington D.C. with our school's 8th graders this weekend): "There's always tomorrow." They are hopeful words, just like the last line of your post! This poem is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete